The Hindi Pracharini Sabha is an educational, cultural and social friendly association. It is situated at Long Mountain. Its primary objective is the promotion of Hindi and Hindi Literature. Its motto is ‘Bhasha Gayi to Sanskriti Gayi’. (If language is lost, culture too is lost).

 

The Hindi Pracharini Sabha was first established on 12th June 1926. It was then called ‘Teeluck Vidyalay’. This name was based on the famous educationist in India, Bal Gangadhar Teeluck. The main persons behind the establishment of ‘Teeluck Vidyalay’ were Muktaram Boloram Chaterjee and the Mungur brothers later known as ‘Bhagat’. The ‘Teeluck Vidyalay’ was later transformed in a national institution and renamed Hindi Pracharini Sabha. After ‘Teeluck Vidyalay’ the ‘Saraswati Pathshala’ was set-up by the Hindi Pracharini Sabha at Creve Coeur. This School conducted full-time classes in Hindi for girls. The first teacher appointed by the Hindi Pracharini Sabha was Shri Surya Prasad Mungur Bhagat. He was afterwards replaced by Shri Nemnarain Gupt.

 

The Hindi Pracharini Sabha was proclaimed an Official friendly association on 26 December 1935 by the then Governor Sir Wilfrid Edward Francis Jackson. It was till October 2004 governed by a ‘charter’. The Sabha is now governed by an Act of Parliament dated 12 October 2004.

 Email Address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.